2.18.2011

NY Fashion Week Analysis: Carolina Herrera


London Fashion Week is already in full spring, but let's not forget all of the wonderful sights we've seen in The States.  Carolina Herrara's collection was by far my favorite.  It's wearable, sophisticated and classic.

The hourglass shapes and the lowered hemlines are a throwback to the forties.  But she adds in a punch of color that keeps the collection up to date and fresh.  But on top of it all, Carolina Herrera's collection was very lux.  The clothing, is without a doubt top quality and masterfully sewn; it's not a wonder why celebrities go to her when they need something to wear on the red carpet.  

But my ultimate favorite favorite part was the wearability.  I could see these pieces in Saks and I could see it being worn in the streets.

6 comments:

  1. SO glad I found your blog. I'm lovin it. Newest follower!!! Stop by mine whenever you feel like it :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. This collection from Carolina is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of Carolina Herrera but I must admit that the outfit from the third picture is cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first outfit, great! ♥

    ReplyDelete