8.25.2011

I Need Help with My Style: Richie

 Richie in Spain last summer.  Yep, I stole this from his facebook like a total creep.
Hello everyone, meet Richie.  Richie and I are good college buds and he also plays a role of my unwilling shopping buddy.  Yes, unfortunately this poor guy has been subject to tortures such as Lord & Taylor shoe sales and Nordstrom Half-Yearly's.  Well now, he's asking for my help.  He's been wanting to change his style since the beginning of summer and now that fall is almost here, he finds himself struggling.

I love love love menswear so I jumped at the chance to style Rich.  So below are three looks that I came up from him, using only clothing from stores that he shops at.

internship


Richie tends to do a lot of internships, all of which are in a business casual-ish environment. I wanted to stay away from the typical black slacks and blazer because Richie already owns a good suit.  Instead, I chose tan chinos and a grey blazer that would definitely get him noticed in the office.  I then added a punch of color with the cyan v-necked sweater to show his youth.  Lastly, the distressed shoe is my favorite part because it's unexpected, yet subtle.

Late for Class

I think this happened to all of us at least once: You woke up late for that one important morning class.  What do you grab?  I started off with an H&M v-neck, mainly because Richie told me that he owns almost every color (Hey, at under $6, I would haved stocked up too!).  I also picked out a no nonsense, relaxed fitting jean.  If you're in a rush, the best way to dress up an outfit is my throwing over some nice outerwear., so I picked out this plaid cardigan (plaid is hot this season in menswear!), to add some oomph. Lasty, I finished it off with the faux leather sneaker.  Easy-Peasy 5 minute outfit.
Casual friday

And then there's the days when you wake up bright and early and feel as if you have all the time in the world.  You know, those days when you put on your "good jeans".  And these denim resin coated Chino's from Zara count as your "good jeans".    Again, the Top Man Pink Chunky Boot Socks make a comeback with this outfit. 


UPDATE: Richie was very happy with my picks, and we would be going shopping soon to buy everything on the list, but at one condition: I'm not allowed to look at shoes.  

11 comments:

  1. I wish my boyfriend would let me dress him that well! The second look is the best and probably most realistic

    hiimsaratee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to pick a mans wardrobe... You've got a good opportunity here!
    And great picks :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great outfits! I don't have any experience with men's clothing, but these outfits are super stylish and would definitely work well at an internship!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did such a great job! This is true dedication to fashion (and shopping - you can cross this one out, if you like ;) )
    First time on your blog and was wondering if you would like to follow each other?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these looks are perfect! I love the second one! You did a great job!

    Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm always good to see men changing their looks.. I like the third set.. Especially the padded elbows and shoulders.. Takes a lot of courage to wear a sweater like that!

    Cheers! ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks indeed, love them all, especially the second outfit! Would be interesting to see what he eventually bought.

    xx
    Tali for Fetishist's Notes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the first look and the jumper from the last look, the elbow patches are so dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the styles you picked! Great job!

    ReplyDelete